History

Central Baptist Church was established on September 29, 1931 and has always been an active and vital part of the spiritual life of Clovis.



Central is one of the larger churches in Clovis, as well as one of the larger Southern Baptist Churches in New Mexico. Central has been meeting in this building for over a decade now and the Bridge student building is one of our newest tools to reach unsaved students in our town. Sitting on 33 acres in a fast growing part of Clovis, Central sees guests every weekend in their services, as well as during the week. 


Central host several community wide events on site, such as the Teacher Appreciation Luncheon, Emmaus community meetings, Upward Sports Rallies and on and on. 


We are excited about the plans God has for Central and we are looking to the future as we seek to use our site more effectively for His work.